The main advantage of the Sniper is the ability for long range killing. Since most of the Sniper's primary weapons need a certain distance to lock on to a target, getting into close combat often results in the player getting killed. The Sniper's melee weapons are weak, and in addition the Sniper class has low health, so it is not recommended to charge at an opponent swinging your melee or staying too long near an opponent. The secondary weapons are used to disorient opponents, doing absolutely no damage (an exception would be Rake), partially giving the Sniper a support role in most cases, but for skilled players the possibility of having close-range battles is an option, depending on the player's ability to perform no-scopes, a shot with the weapon without locking on at your target at all.
As a consequence of not being a front-end player, the Sniper class has an extremely limited amount of health - a value of 70 to be exact, making it the character with the lowest base health. This makes it rather vulnerable, and often forces the player to perform a retreat to find Health Packs and Imperial Basket Grandes.
The Sniper combats well against the Heavy, Demo, and Chub Scout with its headshots, but it is recommended to engage them at long range, due to the difficulty of no-scoping and the Sniper's low health.
- Primary & Secondary Kill
- "Your giant head does all the aiming for me!"
- "Do you mind not walking into my bullets, next time?"
- Melee Swing
- "Watch it, swinging a club here!"
- Melee Kill
- "Not bad. You got closer to me than most corpses."
- "I thought your head would be harder."
- "I was supposed to kill you!"
- "Not the most difficult battle I've been through."
- "Don't get too excited over a series of lucky shots."
- Follow Me: "Over here!"
- Help me out!: "I need backup!"
- Attack my target: "Hostile detected!"
- Incoming!: "Retreat!"
- Woo-hoo!: "Woo-hoo!"
- When a Sniper makes a headshot, the shot instantly deducts all the target's remaining health, adding that value to the damage done by the Sniper's team at the end of the match. For example, if a Heavy has 269 health when they are killed by a headshot, that entire value will be instantly deducted, leading to its death.
- Originally, the Sniper had a level 10 lock.
- Originally, the Sniper cost 300,000 Joules, but this was changed to 100 Gas in version 1.4.1, before being changed again to 30 Gas in v2.2.
- Through the Christmas update 2012, the Sniper was available for a special price of only 1 Joule along with its most expensive skin at the time, Call Off Duty.
- All of the Sniper's secondaries(except Rake) don't do damage