The Demo's unique melee weapons have decent damage output and can hit targets directly behind and a significant distance above the player, but compared to the weapons of other classes, these are rather slow and take around a whole second to fully utilize. Despite having double melees, the Demo's melees do not do double damage. Because of all these factors, however, the melee weapons have a very large area of effect although they cannot hit targets directly in front of the player. However the main appeal of the Demo is the all-explosive primaries and secondaries. Primaries range from wide Area of Effect 'Matter' weapons (as well one that can immobilise enemies completely), two small explosive launchers with a curved or straight trajectory, a dual version of the Bearzooka, a bouncing weapon and a column of fire. Secondaries feature rapid-fire firework weapons, a more damaging missile weapon, a weaponised firework fountain or two forms of nukes that deal massive damage in one package or two separate instances of lower damage in another depending on preference, and a manually targeted rocket that flies in a straight trajectory.
The Demo is able to take hits with a fair 170 base health but with a rather slow movement speed. This makes him rather vulnerable to faster players.
- Primary & Secondary Kill
- "You look surprised. I MEAN DEAD! *Maniacal laughter*"
- "You sure scream a lot when you're dying!"
- Melee Kill
- "Was it good for you, too?"
- "Walk it off, ya nancy!"
- "Really, that was it?"
- "You call that PAIN?!"
- "I've had worse!"
- "But I'm not done... killing..."
- "You MISSED! Wait a second..."
- "Aw, too easy!"
- "That wasn't bad!"
- "Maybe next time I won't go so easy on you."
- "The sun was in my eyes!"
- Follow Me: "On me!"
- Help me out!: "I'm taking too much heat!"
- Attack my target: "Hold still!"
- Incoming!: "Run away!"
- Woo-hoo!: "Tillman gonna give it to ya, we gonna give it to ya!"
- The Demo used to cost 15,000 Joules until v1.4.
- Although the Demo has no other indication of being even partly organic, he has pink and red flesh as revealed when he is gibbed in-game.
- The Demo, along with the Chub Scout, has the most skins of all classes with a total of 18.